Helloooooooo California!

Slick

i tell ya what, call it $300, plus, i will give you piglets ecu.... she's a 5 speed :)

how about 300 and the spare 5 speed you were talking about. I don't think piglets ecu would help me very much since it is throttle body injection. If the socket on the ecu is the same I might be able to use it. But I have a hard time hacking up a know working part.

Btw. I only took one other thing off my parts pathfinder. It was the pinion Nut. for the rear diff. I did not take the diff apart. BTW If you want my old LSD and my old auto locking hubs I will toss those in. You may find a buyer for them.

Mark

Edited by msavides

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Remember technology is an only as good as the Human Developing it. So even technology has the human factor in it.

Mark

Ok. I know that technology is a good thing. We are always growing and stepping it up. But I have seen movies where technology will eventually lead to our downfall. That's an over exaggeration of an idea. Personally, I love technology BUT I dont trust it 100%. With that in mind, WHAT IS WITH THIS!??!!

IMAGE_00102.jpg

how about 300 and the spare 5 speed you were talking about. I don't think piglets ecu would help me very much since it is throttle body injection. If the socket on the ecu is the same I might be able to use it. But I have a hard time hacking up a know working part.

Btw. I only took one other thing off my parts pathfinder. It was the pinion Nut. for the rear diff. I did not take the diff apart. BTW If you want my old LSD and my old auto locking hubs I will toss those in. You may find a buyer for them.

Mark

hmm, i think through previous drunk conversations with redpath88, he said as long as it is 5 speed to 5 speed, auto to auto, the ecu's will work, i will confirm this though.

hehe..... i was going to keep piglets spare 5 speed for mini, or in case king needed a transplant, but i will consider that option...

lets say $400 until we know if the ecu's are compatible :) i have a vaca comin in 2 weeks and i need to do some transplanting.. PRONTO :laugh:

OH! and froggy...... that is an outside temp gauge with the wind direction. ;)

Edited by Slick

hmm, i think through previous drunk conversations with redpath88, he said as long as it is 5 speed to 5 speed, auto to auto, the ecu's will work, i will confirm this though.

hehe..... i was going to keep piglets spare 5 speed for mini, or in case king needed a transplant, but i will consider that option...

lets say $400 until we know if the ecu's are compatible :) i have a vaca comin in 2 weeks and i need to do some transplanting.. PRONTO :laugh:

OH! and froggy...... that is an outside temp gauge with the wind direction. ;)

That may be correct transmission wise since the transmission uses a separate computer. But I think after studying the wireing diagram we discovered that the auto transmission borrowed some of the wires off the ecu to handle shift control and other misc stuff, That hinted to maybe there is at least some wiring differences between the two. However There is definitely a difference between a throttle body injection ECU and a tuned port Injection ECU. and last time i checked a 1988 only had throttle body injection. Not sure if they made a different socket between the years but the electronics I know wont work.

ok let me know what you decide.

Mark

That may be correct transmission wise since the transmission uses a separate computer. But I think after studying the wireing diagram we discovered that the auto transmission borrowed some of the wires off the ecu to handle shift control and other misc stuff, That hinted to maybe there is at least some wiring differences between the two. However There is definitely a difference between a throttle body injection ECU and a tuned port Injection ECU. and last time i checked a 1988 only had throttle body injection. Not sure if they made a different socket between the years but the electronics I know wont work.

ok let me know what you decide.

Mark

yeah, red confirmed it, piglets ecu won't work on your truck.... lets say $300 plus the 5 speed trans from piglet :D

Its my compass! lol. Still its rediculously HOT! Im def going to Sourgrass. It should be cooler there! OH and Yar1, YOU SHOULD COME! Did you get off work? Hopefully! Its gonna be sick! Hella Nor Cal pathys here are coming. XplorX4, me, Joebob, maybe Msavides( he SHOULD come because its a kick A$$ trip). Come and join us. With numbers, we'll kick a$$. Not saying we dont already but we do! lol

yeah, red confirmed it, piglets ecu won't work on your truck.... lets say $300 plus the 5 speed trans from piglet :D

Sounds good to me let me know when you want to pick it up. I am in no hurry but I can be if you are.

Mark

Its my compass! lol. Still its rediculously HOT! Im def going to Sourgrass. It should be cooler there! OH and Yar1, YOU SHOULD COME! Did you get off work? Hopefully! Its gonna be sick! Hella Nor Cal pathys here are coming. XplorX4, me, Joebob, maybe Msavides( he SHOULD come because its a kick A$$ trip). Come and join us. With numbers, we'll kick a$$. Not saying we dont already but we do! lol

I am still on the fence. I really should get some more miles on my diffs before I give them the harsh treatment. But I am ichin to go wheelin and since Frank Rains is closed not going to be able to scratch it any other way.

Mark

no and the only days i work are sat and sunday :thumbsdown:

I am still on the fence. I really should get some more miles on my diffs before I give them the harsh treatment. But I am ichin to go wheelin and since Frank Rains is closed not going to be able to scratch it any other way.

Mark

Its not quite the drive to get there first of all and its not gonna be a harsh wheelin trip at all. Stock 4x4 can make it with a cautious driver.

Its not quite the drive to get there first of all and its not gonna be a harsh wheelin trip at all. Stock 4x4 can make it with a cautious driver.

I know the drive is not bad. It is even closer for me than you. I am either going to do one of two things this weekend. 1. I am going to go wheeling. or 2 I am going to lock myself in the house turn on the A/C and not go outside all weekend. It depends how my day at work goes today to see how much time I have to get my camping stuff together.

Mark

Sounds good to me let me know when you want to pick it up. I am in no hurry but I can be if you are.

Mark

do weekdays work for you? i have next wed off...... if not, i am sure i can fanagle something for next weekend? :beer:

do weekdays work for you? i have next wed off...... if not, i am sure i can fanagle something for next weekend? :beer:

weekdays not good but weekevening might work. I can get home by 5pm should give plenty of light to load her up and unload at your place. Let me know so I can plan my day to get off of work early. any weekevening should work with enough heads up.

Mark

weekdays not good but weekevening might work. I can get home by 5pm should give plenty of light to load her up and unload at your place. Let me know so I can plan my day to get off of work early. any weekevening should work with enough heads up.

Mark

ok, maybe we'll plan on next weekend or something...... lemme see what i got goin on..... i am losing 2 employees, so weekends are going to be a thing of the past for a while..... until i am on vaca july 10th that is :jig: