95 XE...

Guest Tank

I'm lookin at getting a 95 XE V6. It's blue, with bluish cloth interior. Auto, air, all that stuff. Very clean looking, paint looks very nice. 122K miles. What do you guys think about price? He's asking 5500, which I think is alittle much for a 95 XE. Would 4K be a good offer?

Thanks, Tank

true, i forgot about that. I have a maxima, which uses a chain so I over look timing belts...

I felt 4-4.5 would be reasonable.

Thanks!

-Tank

Go to www.kbb.com to get the book value. Then, find out what's been replaced and what would probalby need to be. If he doesn't have records, assume everything needs to be done. But, if he's kept it in good shape and has relatively new parts in it he'll probably want close to book value. Anyway, just use common sense. :)

Thats what i payed for my 95 XE about a year ago from an old lady that never even used the back seat!

and its in like new condition. { 8 > )

She wanted $6,300 i got it for $5,500 fully loaded

also look for any under carage damage and any rust

I bought a 96 Nissan Hardbody for $3,000 and about 3 months later I was looking at the frame and the front bumper suports and they had been unbent and rewelded :sniff:.

and look for any oil leakage thats sign of a hard ran truck or mistreated and abused.. :secret:

For a 95 XE w/ 122000 mi. KBB is calling for private party value of $4390 & $6640 retail, assuming stock and "good" condition (not excellent). Funny, my 94 SE as loaded w/ 135K mi. books for $5025 private & $7395 retail. There's a big difference between XE & SE, and/or the "book" is just plain weird.

Well I found a 95 SE with sunroof and some type of aftermarket wheel. 122K miles also, for 4200, i'm going to call about that one, it's black (same as my Max) and an SE (also same as max) it would be nice to have 2 Nissan SE's B)

Thanks for all the replies guys

-Tank

Yup, $4200 would be a moderate steal of a price around here (Western WA) with 122K miles. I've seen the local lots want a LOT more than that. I paid $7500 for my 94 2 years ago at 101K miles, and the guy at the bank flipped. He said they would have expected closer to $10K (doubt it!). That's with wheels, tint, loaded, etc. Still, the reputation on our older Pathy's is getting around now that the domestics are dying and the 4Runners are a dime-a-dozen.

thats probably cumalative after everything was paid ... I paid 6250 for my 87 back in 99 ... single owner no dings, perfect paint, carpet was spotless and engine ran great... darn thing had these aluminum running boards with the lights in there ... that was cool for a while ... i'll have to dig up a picture ...

I bought my 95 XE in 1998 with 32,000 miles on it, for $14,500...plus a tacked on $4,000 from a previous sports car that was beyond my means and lost value too fast..LOL. I just paid my pathy off last month! :blink: But it books for 'bout $5,000...so at least I'm on the plus side again! :P

n0c

I just bought my '95 XE manual 123,000miles for $3,100. New front drive shafts, timing belt and American Racing rims. I had to put a clutch in it ($200, did the work myself). It has a few little problems, but I still feel like I stole it.

My best advice is to do a lot of looking around. You'll find the right deal eventually. Just don't settle for something that's not what you want.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest whitefinder95

I got my 95 Pathy XE auto and pwr windows locks and a sweet AC with 75 k on it 2 years ago for $6,000. Ive put about $3k in to it. When I got it the inside was cherry but the front end was jacked up. after new boots, axles, ball joints ect. and everything else you can think of under there, new timeing blet/chain (what do I have?) tune up and belts, hoses, all systems flushed and cleaned out, new starter and plug wires, split fire plugs new A/T tires and $1K Stereo system, the thing runs like a champ! I would sell it now for no less then $8k. It only has 90kmiles now!

got 2.9% and $2500 off when I bought my 02 - I also worked at the dealership as a sales person. Paid about $26500 before my trade - it was a demo that was driven by the service manager... 7400 miles on it, never registered...

not too bad on a 35k LE...

:contract:

Guest finding_a_path

Well since everyone is posting what they paid... I feel like I stole mine. 94 XE 122Kmi, auto, towing pkg, good tires for $2600. It's not exaclty show quality in or out, but who wants a show truck?! :cool2:

Guest WhiteNismoPathfinder95

tank-where you from....the first one, blue 95, is that the one in bend?