clutch

stunnaeins

ok , my clutch . i took my finder out runnin about 2 months ago rolled her , the rolled her back on her feet . the next day i drove her home , then didn't drive for about a week . when i got in it the other day . the clutch is really hard to push down and when i get it down it stays down and i have to pull it up . it will start but not go into gear . i lubed all the joints and still the problem , anyone know what to do ?

If you rolled her over for any length of time you probably lost the fluid out of your master cyl for the clutch try what the other guys said if that doesnt work star looking for a broken line running down to the clutch slave cyl

good luck ;)

So, when you bled the brakes, did you get fluid from the slave cylinder? You may need to start by simulating a bench bleed of the master cylinder. You can do this by cracking the fitting at the mc, have some one press the pedal, tighten the fitting, lift the pedal - repeat until there is no foam in the fluid. Next move to the clutch damper and bleed it until all you get is clean fluid with no bubbles. Finally, do the same to at the slave cylinder.

If you skipped bleeding the damper, that may be your problem. If you can't get a good stream of fluid, it's probably the mc. If the pedal is hard while bleeding, it's probably the mc or the pedal/linkage; try disconnecting the mc link, the pedal should swing freely.

Another possibility is that when you flipped it, some little particle may have broken loose and got in the line. This could then have gotten lofged in the master cylinder, damper or slave cylinder and is blocking the flow. Bleeding the system as described above should either clear it or at least give you an idea where the blockage is.

yea what they said...i had my slave cylinder go bad and shoot fluid out every time i hit the pedal and it would go to the floor and stick...so i'd try bleeding it out completly and i know sometimes on my 87 it'll bleed up good and then the next time i get in it'll stick again so i assume air is getting trapped somewhere and seeping out