did the maxima alternator swap today, man what a pain in the butt. first the old alternator won't come out (yes i made sure all the bolts were out) so i beat the piss out of it until it did come out to find there was a broken bolt in the back side of the bracket and that's why it was a pain to get out. so i take the ac compressor off to take the bracket off, take it to my work to try and figure something out with it, ended up heating it and it spun right out. i get home put the bracket, ac condenser, and alternator on everything fit just fine until i went to put the belt on... it was too short by the length of the pulley lip so back to work i go to get a longer belt... i get it home and put on and... crap it's too long... so then after some calling around i found out that a masterpro 7368 belt (or anything the same length) doesn't exist, so after much fighting and some more help from a co worker i decided to drop the alternator back down, run the belt and bolt it back in place, everything looks good and cleaned up i go to start it and a horrid whistling sound comes from the engine. there's a small hole in the accordion pipe. it's no big deal but i know what's next on my list of things to fix. it ended up taking me about 8 hours to get done such a pain but i'm glad i did it so now no more unplugging the battery whenever i stop for more than a half hour.
it was well worth it because now i also have a 90 amp alternator and it was cheaper than buying the one for the path.