Rear wheel carrier

I can’t remember if I saw Kennesaw Mountain Accessories mentioned on NPORA or if I found them by search, but any why I checked out the web-site and I really like the way their rear wheel carries looked. So I e-mail Kennesaw and Kyle was very prompt to reply. He said they had a rear wheel carrier in the work for the r50 pathfinder but the customer canceled on them. They said as soon as they can get another chassis they would develop one. Check out the web-site and if you like the rear wheel carriers (The Multi-Carrier) let Kyle know. I thing from their web page that price runs about $500 to $675 depending on what you get. And if any one is in the Douglasville, GA area you might want to check it out. I think that is where they are located.

Kennesaw Mountain Link

Please view my post at the end of this page for a new development! - Vengeful

Edited by vengeful

One thing that you must consider is how strong the rear "frame" is. I know that the 3rd gen Toyota 4Runners really can't have a steel bumper with a tire carrier because the stress would be too much on the rear section of the frame. Just not sure how that would work on a monoframe Pathfinder.

Most of the load with my carrier is placed on the passenger rear quarter panel, not the rear frame.

sounds expensive unless that includes a better bumper. still high but better

I agree...

I wouldn't mind having one, but then again I wouldn't having a million bucks either.

I'd rather keep mine on my rook w/ a Safari rack (keeps it safe in rear end collissions as well...my dumd a$$ would back into a light pole most likely)

No...The R50 lacks the internal hardware to retrofit a rear carrier on a vehicle that is not factory equipped with one.

It COULD be done, but it would be a lot more work than would be worth, and you'd have to have some tiny tiny hands and arms to be able to reach behind the reinforcing sheetmetal in the rear corners of the truck in order to get the bolts and nuts to line up - and even then, you'd be going at it blindly.

And that doesn't even begin to consider that you have to swap the tailgate and the rear bumper to a tire carrier compatible version.

I <3 my carrier, haha.

:P

I would be very impressed if Kennesaw Mountain Accessories could fab up a carrier for an R50. I'm still very dubious about the rear fram supporting the weight of a tire and carrier.

I'm still very dubious about the rear fram supporting the weight of a tire and carrier.

I dont believe he has any issues with the one he built... I'll have pics of mine up soon.

IMG_7802.JPG

(thanks Luker, for letting me steal your bandwidth)

OK, well....

A new development as of the last hour.

I've found a guy here in Phoenix that is willing and able to make rear bumpers and tire carriers for the R50s...I have him scheduled to call me at 6PM tomorrow. If you're interested, or potentially interested in one, let me know. :aok:

It would likely be very similar to Radek's bumper....

I'm also going to talk to some of the local WDers and see if anyone in the area is wanting a rear bumper/tire carrier so he can get a pattern for those as well.

Ok, well....here's the scoop.

There are two options. The first being that it doesn't wrap around the sides, and that'll run about $385-400. The one that does wrap around the sides will be about $425-440. Not terrible at all, especially if you look at some of the big name carriers like Warn or Shrockworks...

The only thing is that he would have to ship the wrap-around style in two pieces and you'd have to finish welding it together or have someone weld the "wing" pieces on, because it would be too big to ship via standard shipping carriers. They could be freighted but that would be a real hassle and he wont do that.

He also doesn't paint or coat them in any way, because he's had problems with people reversing the charges when the bumper arrived scratched, not that it's that big of a deal to grab a can of Rustoleum and spray it down...

It'll be this style...

10_1_b.JPG

He's also looking into making rear bumpers for the WD21s as well.

:o Bam!

So is that the wrap around style in your pic Venge, or is that the standard?

Are the wings those little angled pieces that keep you from having the regular end caps on the truck?

How does the tire get out of the way for rear hatch access?

Are those prices shipped or will that be more yet?

That ought to do it? Ehh? Sorry bro I am an inquiring mind!!! I am sure others will want to know also!!

Thanks for all your leg work---very cool!