Wheelin April 2nd

MY1PATH

Lets start this off with a story;

A few years ago my freind went on leave and left us the keys to his Chevy Cavalier. It was a POS beater that the PO had put a cage in for rally or drift. My friend Didn't care, it was just a gas saver untill he could buy his next muscle car...

While he was gone me, and too other friends went wheeling. We took my pathy, an F150 and the Cavalier :) We found some jumps wich only me and the pathy had balls to do and lots of mudd.

Yes the Cavalier went thru the mud too!!! When it got to the middle of a pit we set the brake and chained the pathy in front of it. I Did Mud burn-outs completley covering the car with mud. It went from Red to Black and Brown in a fun afternoon as the hood steam baked the mudd as we all drove back home.

When my buddy returned from leave he could not find his car untill we showed it to him. Then he couldn't stop laughing.

The only thing he was mad about was that he didn't get to go wheeling.

Over the years our schedules mismatched allot and he missed out on every wheeing trip I went on. Now he's in Japan but he will be coming back for a visit soon.

So lets put together a trip for him to ride shotgun on!

The first weekend of April is our only window and anybody is welcome. I was thinking either Tahuya or Elbe Because they are close and will still allow us to have evening plans.

Who's IN?

Edited by MY1PATH

• 2 weeks later...

The Guy who was behind the weel in the Cavalier that day just got a stock S10 pickup and wants in. So if we make it elbe we should keep to the easy trails.

I'll throw my hat in as "maybe." I've never wheeled Elbe, but have heard some nasty stories. Considering its my daily driver rig, I'll vote with the mild guys. :)

Elbe is basically a series of loop trails that run more-or-less parallel to an access road though you can run the whole place end-to-end without ever going back to that road. Each trail is probably 1 to 3 miles long? The first couple are pretty easy, but then most of them are mostly easy with a few really ugly spots thrown in. The great thing is that you can wheel along any trail and if you come to an obstacle you aren't comfortable attempting you can flip a U-turn and don't have to backtrack very far to get to the access road and then jump ahead to the start of the next trail. Elbe has a reputation as a "metal bending, tight and sloppy mess" though it's not really that bad if you stay off the Busywild trail. The Busy is one of the most difficult trails in the NW, if not the whole West Coast. 35s, lockers, full armor, and a really good winch are required for the Busy so we've never tried it. If you want to run all the other trails without damage sliders and/or a body lift and some serious care are needed in places. I run about stock ride height on 33s and my Pathy has many scars from Elbe... but then I've never turned around rather than attempting an obstacle there. :aok: With a group of 6+ rigs the risk of damage can be greatly lowered as ten people pushing on a truck can easily keep it off of a nasty tree or stump most of the time.

Elbe_ORV_Map.png

Edited by Mr.510

Ok, we are a month away! Though I Finalize the Date time and Location and put out a Roll Call to see whos coming. Please copy and paste the list, then add your name. If you have friends and they are coming, put a +1(or more) just so we can get a general idea of how many are showing! They do not need a pathfinder for this run, open to everyone!

**We Will be taking the easy runs There is minor risk for body damage for. But stock vehicles should be able to handle it. Keep your eyes open and help out your buddies.

(Please copy and paste from below this line)

-------------

Elbe run! April 2nd(saturday)! Meet at Elbe Gas Station at 10am! Try to make our way to the trailhead about 10:15. Come geared for wet weather and wet trails!

Attending:

My1Path + our guest of honor Justin Cline (caviler owner in story)

+Tom Winger S10 ZR2 (caviler driver in story)

Maybe:

Edited by MY1PATH

• 2 weeks later...

Elbe run! April 2nd(saturday)! Meet at Elbe Gas Station at 10am! Try to make our way to the trailhead about 10:15. Come geared for wet weather and wet trails!

Attending:

Maybe:

95 responder a+1 sar range rovers ok lol

Attending:

Mr.510

Maybe:

95 responder a+1 sar range rovers ok lol

• 2 weeks later...

Here's the meeting spot folks. I'm pretty sure its the only gas station in town. 10am Saturday

http://maps.google.com/maps?q=46.766309,-122.194646&num=1&t=h&sll=46.984937,-122.338257&sspn=0.665161,1.524353&gl=us&hl=en&ie=UTF8&ll=46.766252,-122.19482&spn=0.001304,0.002977&z=19&iwloc=A

Edited by MY1PATH

I don't see my Pathfinder being ready for anything this weekend. I am having some issues and can't really afford to do the work that is needed by this weekend. Take lots of photos and have fun. I will catch you next time. :)

Passenger's seat is available in my Pathy if somebody wants to ride shotgun with me on this run. PM me.

I wish I would have thought about this option before now. Too many other irons in the fire now... :) Next time...

you guys could run gotcha, main line, and rainier vista (there is a bypass at the top)

any other trails your asking for body damange... maybe gotcha

I know elbe very well.

stay away from alder, and the busywild.

Yeah, that's Mike. He's cool and lives in Wilkeson, about 15 minutes from Evans Creek. He's a professional mechanic. After seeing how much abuse his Pathy takes without bending or breaking anything I feel 300% better about the strength and reliability of Pathy IFS. His truck has no sway bars, cranked T-bars, long rear shocks (with spring spacers I think?) and tubes welded to the perches so the springs can't fall out. The rear diff is welded, the front is open. He's on 33x10.5 KM2s. He wheels that Pathy hard at least one day a week. He doesn't even have an idler brace and the only problems he has are with his Warn manual hubs, hands-down the weakest link on his truck. I'm looking for 27 spline HB hubs for it.

the only problem with mike,

is that i have sean him off the trail several times.

He was on the 196? on his side trying to pull his rig back over with a ****** come along all by himself.

Nice enough guy, but.......