What is this?

Guy that has a Chevy dually that stops oin where I work has the same basic clips on his winidshield. They are for a windshield shade on his at least. The interlock switch as said will let you start the truck without the clutch, just watch to make sure your not in gear or have alot of room in front of you...

will let you start the truck without depressing the clutch for sticky situations.

just press it and once and start the truck. not in gear though! :treadmill:

I was told it was for starting without the clutch, but it doesn't work like that on my truck. Mine is either broken, or the button does something else. Mine only works when the truck is in 4low, then I can depress the inter loc button and the light on the dash comes on.

I was told it was for starting without the clutch, but it doesn't work like that on my truck. Mine is either broken, or the button does something else. Mine only works when the truck is in 4low, then I can depress the inter loc button and the light on the dash comes on.

that's because you actually have to keep it depressed.. at least that's how mine works.

I'll try it. I am used to the toyota "clutch start cancel" button. You don't need to hold them down. That still doesn't explain why it only works in 4L

Mine you just have to push once and it works... in any transfercase setting... But mine's a 91

that's because you actually have to keep it depressed.. at least that's how mine works.

yeh my 89 was push once and go. arround the last time my alty blew and cooked the batt it stopped working like that. If you try push and go it half cranks and dies. My assumption is my bad battery cannot hold the intelock relay closed circut while under the load of the starter thus causing the whole process of staring to quit 1/2 way thru. I'll bet changing my battery will put things back to normal.

yeh my 89 was push once and go. arround the last time my alty blew and cooked the batt it stopped working like that. If you try push and go it half cranks and dies. My assumption is my bad battery cannot hold the intelock relay closed circut while under the load of the starter thus causing the whole process of staring to quit 1/2 way thru. I'll bet changing my battery will put things back to normal.

Still no luck. I tried mine again yesterday, and it doesn't work at all. I guess I don't really need it though.

will let you start the truck without depressing the clutch for sticky situations.

just press it and once and start the truck. not in gear though! :treadmill:

The manual gives steps to using it.

1 set parking brake

2 depress brake

3 put in first gear or R to move backward

4 put left foot on brake and release parking brake

5 turn ignition switch to "on"

6 press and release the interlock

7 turn ignition to start while at the same time depress accelerator. As the truck moves take left foot off of the brake.

Hope this helps

Hey...my 87 had the interlock and the descriptions above are correct...my 95 doesnt have it and that's the 1st "round dash" interlock I've seen...cool stuff...still debating on bypassing my clutch always or not...my truck stalled yest for the 1st time ever after i hit the clutch so the clutch was already in but i have a push button start so all i had to was quickly hit the start button and we were back underway...my passenger was LMAOing

this happened right after talking about popping the clutch to start a vehicle...he was like why didnt you just let the clutch go and honestly i didnt think about it but we were in the middle of a turn and i had no power steering so getting it started the quickest way was my reaction

Duck man its quite possible you don't have the "clutch interlock" as a safety feature over there...or it was bypassed at some point and time

Edited by unccpathfinder

yeah clutch bypass, if its in nutral you can push it then start it without the clutch like if you dont want to get in the car, or i was told if you your moving and in gear it can work by just having had pushed it and then if you stall jsut start her up but i've never tried that.

I use the button all the time. It makes things really easy...unless you're an idiot like me and forget the truck is in gear and it lurches forwards into the B2 on jack stands with no front drive train under it and knocks it off the stands...