1990 Pathy switch in center - suspension - sport - touring?

Guys the Pathy I am getting (already paid a third of it) I get it at the end of July. My Birthday os on the 20th, so it's like a Birthday present!

Anyway, I saw in the middle hump 2 switches, one I know was aftermarket for an amp the owner's son had installed on there. The other switch looked stock and it said something like SUSPENSION and the options were SPORT and TOURING.... is this real? and was than an option on the SE and lastly, do they work or do you think by now it's not working? Rosie the mechanic always uses OEM parts on all the vehicles she services so that is why the truck looks so stock... so I am wondering about this switch.

ALSO they did not have a locker or some other sort of locking or limited slip deal did they? I saw a switch on the dash that looked like it said LSD (no not the trip kind!)

Gus

Guys the Pathy I am getting (already paid a third of it) I get it at the end of July. My Birthday os on the 20th, so it's like a Birthday present!

Anyway, I saw in the middle hump 2 switches, one I know was aftermarket for an amp the owner's son had installed on there. The other switch looked stock and it said something like SUSPENSION and the options were SPORT and TOURING.... is this real? and was than an option on the SE and lastly, do they work or do you think by now it's not working? Rosie the mechanic always uses OEM parts on all the vehicles she services so that is why the truck looks so stock... so I am wondering about this switch.

ALSO they did not have a locker or some other sort of locking or limited slip deal did they? I saw a switch on the dash that looked like it said LSD (no not the trip kind!)

Gus

yes that is a real option and it worked on my 93 for a while but i was like the 3 owner with 160k miles. I guess it depends on how many miles and stuff but my guess is if its higher miles then they are probably not going to work. they didnt work at all in my 92 i bought with 120k miles. So i guess it all depends ik there ahve been a few people who still have thiers that work. If they dont work dont bother replacing them is adjustable ones they will cost A LOT!

Thanks Edicer2! By the way all, I did search... still looking for info on the LSD button on the dash.

Man, it would have been cool if those shocks worked... i will try to do some research. I don't know much about that type of suspension. I know on Jeeps you could get adjustable shocks and or a Rancho module that let you individually adjust the comfort level and height on special rancho shocks..

I run a '93 SE with over 235,000K and that switch still works.. Sport makes the ride a little stiffer, Touring is a softer ride.

i think the best way figure out the LSD switch might be to turn it "on" and lift up yer rear axle and spin a tire..see if both wheels turn the same direction.. i dont have the lsd switch..i just lifted mine up to see if i had the lsd or not. If im wrong im sure someone will correct me :) Folx around here KNOW about Pathy's :)

I have never heard of an LSD switch in a Pathy. The Limited Slip Diff works with clutch plates and is not something that can be turned off and on. Could you have misread it?? Can you get a photo of it?

B

I run a '93 SE with over 235,000K and that switch still works.. Sport makes the ride a little stiffer, Touring is a softer ride.

i think the best way figure out the LSD switch might be to turn it "on" and lift up yer rear axle and spin a tire..see if both wheels turn the same direction.. i dont have the lsd switch..i just lifted mine up to see if i had the lsd or not. If im wrong im sure someone will correct me :) Folx around here KNOW about Pathy's :)

I have the locker switch on my little rig. It only works when you have the 4wd engaged. I don't really know what it does, but the light only comes on when you press the switch with 4wd engaged.

Ditchdigger, what does the switch say?? "Locker??"

B

I can't remember. My truck is in the shop getting the passenger side exhaust manifold replaced(go figure). I think it says interlock. It was an option on the se trucks that were equipped with the offroad package. I believe it locks the diff electronically, just like the titans that have the offroad package.

If your truck is a manual, then the interlock switch is so you can start the motor without depressing the clutch. If it is an auto, then I have no clue... :D

B

I guess so, but I don't have a Toyota. :shrug:

Is yours a manual shift?

B

Yes the one I have (yet to get) is a manual. Maybe it did not say LSD... maybe something else...

I do hope my suspension switch works. I did not take any interior pictures when i idrove it... I did take some through the window later heh heh.

Per you guy's recommendation i got a photobucket account. uploading pics now... now i need to go back to the forums and read on how to add an url hah hah hah!

72050b1e.jpg

Edited by GreyAliens