"Inter-Lock"?

Skirvin

I don't know what it does! It's on my 92 SE V6 5-Speed. It says "Inter-Lock" on it, and when i try to switch it on, it's just locked, and when i push it, my BRAKE light comes on. Any idea what it does and how to turn it on?

I don't know what it does! It's on my 92 SE V6 5-Speed. It says "Inter-Lock" on it, and when i try to switch it on, it's just locked, and when i push it, my BRAKE light comes on. Any idea what it does and how to turn it on?

When you hold this switch down you can start the truck without depressing the clutch pedal. I think it's purpose is for when you're not able to take your foot off the brake to push the clutch to restart if you're off road in a sticky spot or something like that. At least that's what I've always assumed.

-Colby

it allows you to start the truck without pressing the clutch pedal. the brake light turns on to remind you to put your left foot on the brake. this feature was intended for tricky engine starts while on the trail, perhaps uphill. by not requiring you to press the clutch, it allows your left foot to control the brake as your right foot controls the gas. done right, you can prevent the truck from rolling backwards on a steep uphill climb (after you've stalled it), while at the same time giving it gas.

i'm not sure if you can use it in 2WD or in 4HI. it may only be available in 4LO.

i'm not sure if you can use it in 2WD or in 4HI. it may only be available in 4LO.

yep it works in any gear...it just overides the clutch interlock...be warned if your in gear and you hit that guy and turn the key to position 4 you will roll in whatever direction the tranny is put in...i accidentally found out what that button did...was quite funny the 1st time I was like WTF i didnt hit the clutch yet and then remembered i pushed that guy 1st hand and sure enough history repeated itself when i tried it again