Running Your Pathy on WATER

TrailChaser

I have decided to make myself the guinea pig on this project. I've already bought the plans to build it for $50 from the site listed above.(Denny Klein's site) I would really like to have a couple/few volunteers to do this project on their own.

I need some people who SERIOUSLY want to test this out with me(but on your own) please PM me for details. Who gets to help test this will be based on how long you've been on this forum.(for credibility reasons) The volunteers will not pay anything, but will have to piece together the "kit" themselves. They say you can get all the needed parts for under $100.(Lets make that part of the test.)

Please do not bother volunteering unless you wholeheartedly want to test this out to review on this forum. Making a thread of your progress would be great, or you can use this one. The main thing I'm looking for is some honest people to give me an honest review for our community to possible save some $$$ on fuel.

I've got my hands full of projects right now, so it may be a little while before I can actually get started on this, but I'd love to get some testers started on this project ASAP so please volunteer if you can get started on this project soon.

"They" say you do not have to be mechanically inclined to make this work, but I'm sure that would be a plus. Actually there's more electronics knowledge needed than mechanical knowledge from what I've read in the instructions so far.

(This test is NOT limited to the members in the USA, and it's suppose to work just as well on diesel engines)

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm in!

Help me understand a little something though...if the truck is experiencing "low emissions" will it cause damage to the truck? I understand that this will fuel the truck and in turn use less gas...but I believe that you must fool the MAP and O2 sensors...this part makes me nervous as I do not want to cause the truck to run lean!

I respect your willingness to give this a serious try.

It would be neat if this thing was able to violate laws of chemistry, physics, and thermodynamics. As it is, I remain too sceptical and busy to invest my personal effort in doing it myself.

But I will offer sincere suggestions and help if you hit any problems.

Are we talking about Brown's gas generators again? 'Cuz from what I've seen on Youtube alone you'd have to build an electrolysis chamber as big as your whole cargo area to even produce enough gas for it to idle on, much less drive at any kind of speed.

Not to put a ka-bosh on your idea, it'd be really cool if you get something out of it!

Im goin to stick to 89 octane. not H2O.

Ya, I'm gonna feel really dumb if this actually works and I start saving a good amount of $$$ on gas. :tonguefinger:

This doesn't replace gasoline, it appears from what I've read so far that it adds orthohydrogen & parahydrogen in with the normal 89oct gas for combustion.

A friend just informed me of this thread.(Looks like the Jeepers beat us to another cool mod. I know and wheel with a few of the guys in that thread.)

http://www.lonestarjeepclub.org/board/showthread.php?t=21482

I'm in!

Help me understand a little something though...if the truck is experiencing "low emissions" will it cause damage to the truck? I understand that this will fuel the truck and in turn use less gas...but I believe that you must fool the MAP and O2 sensors...this part makes me nervous as I do not want to cause the truck to run lean!

PM me your email address and I'll send you all the info I have on the subject.

Are we talking about Brown's gas generators again? 'Cuz from what I've seen on Youtube alone you'd have to build an electrolysis chamber as big as your whole cargo area to even produce enough gas for it to idle on, much less drive at any kind of speed.

Not to put a ka-bosh on your idea, it'd be really cool if you get something out of it!

This is a video of a car manufacturer in Japan unveiling their new car that runs exclusively on water using this concept.

http://cosmos.bcst.yahoo.com/up/player/pop...14&src=news

Edited by TrailChaser

I have a hydrogen fuel cell in a 1994 Chevy Cavalier that I am currently working on to be a daily driver. So far I have only been able to get a best of about a 3-5 mpg difference. I have also had my scantool connected to the car and there is a difference in the injector pulse widths when the hydrogen is being pumped into the motor, but it is not a great difference. This is because you would have to have a fairly large fuel cell to produce enough hydrogen and pressure for the car to run on hydrogen only. How ever, it seems that carbed vehicles work a lot better than EFI because you can manually lean out the motor instead of relying on the computer to do it. My coworker has a Geo with the old carbureted motor and he is getting 70+ mpg with it and he has a small fuel cell in it.

If you shut off the fuel, shouldn't you also disconnect the pistons and pushrods and all that... I mean, just to save wear and tear and to remove unneeded friction?

this thread makes me dumber. what a waste of intranetz space.

Ya, I've read enough of the skeptics reasons why it won't work and why noone should waste their time on it, but you know what... Not ONE of the skeptical people I've seen who think they're soooo smart and KNOW this WILL NOT work have actually tried it themselves. It's amazing how quick "smart" people dismiss stuff without even giving it a second glance because according to what little info they learned in high school says it won't work.

This info to build the entire system it RIGHT HERE, I already bought and paid for one set of instructions and I've since gotten a different set of plans for free from someone else.

ALL I ASK, is that BEFORE you come on this thread being a skepic about something that's being offered for testing for free.... Try it for yourself and post up your results, or shut up and wait for people on here who are testing it to post up some results.

I've read NO LESS than 5hs worth of skeptics reasons as to why it won't work on a dozen other forums, so I'd really rather not have that happen here.(Maybe anyone who wants to tell everyone why it won't work or just to spew their stupidness about how something is a waste of intranetz space should just start their own thread.)

I'll believe it 100% when I see it work for myself, but for now I'm about 85% sure it will work when I finally get it put together.

I'll just get this out there to save all you skeptical people some time and maybe I can help save some intranetz space.

This is whole concept is impossible and the only way anyone could run a car on hydrogen from electrolysis to ANY extent would be if they towed a power plant behind their car. This is all just another scam about, zero-energy, perpetual motion, and besides the laws of thermodynamics would never allow it to happen. You simply can not get something for nothing, and it's impossible to achieve over unity.

Someone please call these guys in Japan and let them know they're wasting their time.

http://cosmos.bcst.yahoo.com/up/player/pop...14&src=news

Hmm.

Well, I'm skeptical, but have been quiet in this thread. I don't know whether or not it'll work, but I doubt it.... :shrug:

My question is, I guess for you, TrailChaser.

Does this hydrogen device have any baffles or anything like that in the canister that would stop the vehicle from simply taking in water? I mean, on a bumpy trail, or in an off camber situation, it could be a real problem.

Might be a dumb question, but not having seen the plans/instructions for these things, I thought I'd throw it out there. :lol:

This is one of those things that, as long as it doesn't cost much to try, why not? If it saves a few bucks at the pumps over the remaining life of our vehicles, it'll probably pay for itself in short time.

If not, then we all know. Think of it as research for the good of the community.

Edited by Simon

Maybe all the thing is doing is putting back in some of the power lost when you add Ethenol to the fuel? I know my mileage spikes when I use non Ethenolated fuel... but the only station around me that has that is a good fifty miles away :(

on the shutting down cylinders, I think it will freak out the EFI just by the MAF and 02 sensor readings and richen the remaining cylinders if it doesn't do cool error codes. But would be neat if it was that easy!!!

curious on the outcome of the original topic, and when I was younger I played with water injection directly into the carb (fine mist) water to steam expansion on my 71 240Z. Never caused the motor issues, but didn't have any way to monitor the results. only used it on the strip, then ditched that idea and used the misters in the rear wheel wells for bleach on the tires (ah being young)

definately cleaned the carbon out, but never seen a noticable performance boost.

(mileage wasn't an issue when gas was $1 a gallon)

Good Luck!-)

This doesn't replace gasoline, it appears from what I've read so far that it adds orthohydrogen & parahydrogen in with the normal 89oct gas for combustion....

ok... let's talk physics... natural hydrogen molecules pretty much exist in 2 forms... orthohydrogen and parahydrogen. The only difference is the spin of the nuclei. ortho makes up about 75% and has parallel spin while para is antiparallel and makes up the remaining 25%. so... buzzwords only. You'd be better off trying to run off of dihydrogen molecules (yea... same damned thing, just ignoring the spin). :tonguefinger:

Maybe all the thing is doing is putting back in some of the power lost when you add Ethenol to the fuel? I know my mileage spikes when I use non Ethenolated fuel... but the only station around me that has that is a good fifty miles away :(

marinas typically have the good stuff since ethanol eats the resin away in fiberglass fuel tanks that are common in boats. Just have to drive up to the dock and convince the guy to pump it. Maybe that's what Nismo was up to on the Delaware. :shrug:

there's a quicker way to generate hydrogen gas.... fill your tank with HCl and shovel in a bunch of seashells (plentiful and free). Now all you have to do is keep it from eating your car and find a way not to explode.

Simon,

I have thought about how it would work while offroad, but I would most likely just have a way to cut it off for the weekend.

If it does work and I really want to use it offroad, I'll probably just install some type of cut off valve that will let air thru but not liquid.(like on a shop-vac perhaps) Also having the cell on a swivel like the old jeep cup holders would keep it mostly level even at extreme angles.

I really hope I have to worry about that in the near future, since that would mean it worked and I'm getting around 25mpg.

K9sar,

"They" say that the orthoburns HOT and the para counters that? I have no idea about it, since the first time I saw the words was when I read them in the manual.

As for the HCI and shells...

I had to mess with hydrochloric acid enough while doing pool service to know better. :tonguefinger:

no significant difference between the two unless you are in the 20 kelvin and below range trying to keep it liquid. the conversion from ortho to para is exothermic and when you go that cold, it all wants to be para. simple misinterperatation of words... like saying sunspots are cold (which they are when compared to the normal temp of the sun's surface)

the thought of hydrogen in something I am going to use offroad quite frankly has my hair standing on end . I have visions of the first guys trying to fly jumping off cliffs with kites strapped to their backs . However the first gas engines were called internal explosion engines by the steam power guys so maybe it's not as dangerous as I am thinking. Good luck .

• 2 weeks later...

Here are a couple of videos showing what I've got so far.

The first one is me testing everything for my first time.(make sure you see the 9v batteries effect at the end of the video.)

This video is after a little more experimenting to show how volatile the gas is.(mainly it's just cool fireworks)

I just wanted to let everyone know that I'm working on it and the offer still stands for others to test this with me.